Sunday, March 4, 2012

Whoopsies! Baby 25? Wait... Nevermind.

Caution: Make sure there are no sharp/hard, blunt objects near you when you are reading this post. You may want to bang your head on a rock, or even stab something if you're the melodramatic type.
And please don't let that something be me. I can't control what my mind thinks up. :3 I could just not listen to my mind, but what's the fun in that? Alright, Imma shut up and let y'all read the post now.

Okay, I'm pretty sure I know what you're thinking, "Seriously, why is she with him?" Or maybe you're excited about this and you have smiley faces and rainbows floating around in your head, which would be a very interesting response. Lets face it though, I'm probably not even going to see Tom after this week because of that man challenge that I have to do. There's no use not enjoying his presence while I can though.

"What  if you find some man that interests you?" Tom asked suddenly, interrupting me from my inner monologue.
In all honesty, I haven't really thought of that possibility. What would happen? Who would I choose? On one hand there's Tom, the sweet, caring man I had been with once before. But on the other hand, there's some new intriguing man that I could get to know. This is going to be a very difficult decision if I find myself having to make it. "I honestly haven't thought about it that much," I admitted.

"And why's that?" He asked me with a cocky grin. "Is it because I'm such a sexy and wonderful piece of man-flesh and you can't bear to think of leaving me?"

I playfully smacked him. "No," I said before giggling. "That's not why." Okay, maybe that is part of the reason, but I'm not going to admit it.

"Oh come on, you know you want this."

"Nah, I've had it before and it wasn't that great."

"Ouch, that isn't what your mother said last night."

"Tom," I groaned. "You just put a terrible image in my head that I didn't need. I was just kidding you know."

"So was I."

"Thank goodness," I sighed in relief.

I checked my phone and noticed that it was 2:00; almost time for the kids to get home. "I have to go soon," I said while getting up and brushing the sand off of myself.

Tom sighed and also got up. "Want to come over to my house for dinner tonight?" He asked while grabbing my hands. "I make a mean mac & cheese."

"As appealing as that sounds, I'm already booked," I admitted. "My dad wanted me to come over and meet his new fiancee tonight. There's always tomorrow."
"Wait, as in the dad who abused you as a child and kicked you out of the house?"

Oh yeah, I forgot that I told Tom what happened with my dad when we were still dating. How I forgot? Heck if I know. I sighed, Tom was a great guy, but sometimes I feel a little too over protected with him. "As far as I know, I don't have another dad."

"Laura," He groaned.

"Tom, I saw it myself, he's changed. A lot."

"And what if it's some sort of trap?" He asked.

"I doubt that he would do that."

"And if he does?"

I sighed, "Look, would it make you feel any better if you went too?"

"It might," He admitted.

"Alright, on one condition."

He looked at me cautiously, "Alright, what is it?"

"If you get to meet my dysfunctional parents, I want to meet yours," I said.

"I--" He started. "I really don't think you want to meet them."

"Alright," I said simply. "Then you aren't coming with me."

He glared at me. "Fine, but if you go home feeling like crap that night, you were the one who suggested it."

I smiled, feeling satisfied because he actually accepted my condition. "It's a deal," I said. "And if it is a trap, like you think, maybe we both won't even live to see your parents."

"What a wonderful point," Tom said bitterly.

I laughed. "Don't be so excited," I said.

He chuckled and kissed me quickly. "Alright, we better both get going. It's already 2:10. I'll meet you there at...?"

I cut him off, "Just come over to my house now, I can drive you there."

"Okay, that works too," He said with a shrug.

We got home at 2:20, which was five minutes after the kids got home. They were worried when I wasn't there five minutes ago and Florence and Haley almost called me to make sure some sort of creep didn't take me when I walked in with Tom. They immediately asked if they were going to have a new sibling soon. Not exactly...

After tossing on some clothes, cooking dinner for the kids, sticking it in the fridge for later, and making sure everybody was doing their homework, I headed upstairs to start getting ready. As I was touching up my makeup, I felt Tom's arms slide around me. "You know," He said. "You really don't need to put on makeup, you look great either way."

"Mmmm hmmmm," I mumbled. "Sure, just keep thinking that."

He rolled his eyes. "You're not being serious, right?" After not responding for a few seconds, Tom looked at me in disbelief. "You are being serious. Okay, what can I do to prove that you are the most beautiful woman on this planet?"

"Ha. You can't, because I know that I'm not."

"Well you are to me."

"Tom, I'm not sleeping with you," I said bluntly.

He laughed. "What, I can't call you beautiful without you thinking I want to sleep with you?"

"Well there has to be some catch," I said as I grabbed my stuff off my dresser. "Come on, lets go."





"So what did you mean by saying that there has to be some catch?" Tom asked curiously as we both got into the car.

I slid the key into the ignition and started backing out of the garage, trying to think of what to say. "I've encountered some scummy guys since we broke up, Tom."


Soon enough we got to my dad's house. It was a small log cabin that looked very cozy. (From the outside at least.) We walked hesitantly up the steps and I knocked on the door. "It's open!" I heard from inside. Tom reached for the doorknob and opened the door.

We were greeted by a very happy looking dog. "Hey there," I cooed. In response I got a tail wag and a wet lick on the hand.

"Her name is Roxy," I heard my dad's voice say from behind me. "And you are?" He asked Tom.

"That's Tom," I said, turning around and heading over to where he and Tom were standing.

"Nice to meet you, Tom," My dad said, reaching out to shake Tom's hand.

We all sat down on the couch and eventually some lady with orange-ish hair came and sat by me. "Laura, Tom, this is Theresa," My dad said.

"It's a pleasure to meet you two," She said in a voice that was high pitched and almost slightly childish.

"It's nice to meet you too," Tom and I said.

"So eh... Have any nice Woohoos lately?"

"What?" I asked in surprise.

"Ummmm..." Tom mumbled hesitantly.

"I needed a conversation starter," My dad said simply.

"And you decided that that would be a good one?" I asked.

"Well, it started a conversation, did it not?"

"I guess," I muttered.

"And also, I need to embarrass my daughter in front of her boyfriend at some point, and I missed my chance when she was a teen."

"Dad," I muttered. "It isn't like that. We aren't dating."

"Oh... So you're friends with benefits?" He asked hesitantly. "I hope you're using protection"

"DAD," I nearly screamed in disbelief, feeling the blood rush up to my cheeks.

Tom just chuckled and said, "No, we're definitely not friends with benefits. We'll just say that it's complicated for now."

My dad let out a big "Hmph," and that conversation was over.

We had some autumn salad for dinner, which was nice because my dad and Theresa were aging up. And that means cake.

Make that two cakes. Yeah, it's good that we had a light dinner. Otherwise we would have been miserable.



My dad and Theresa both looked pretty much looked the same, only the had a few wrinkles showing that they had aged. For a moment I was afraid of the time when I discover that I have wrinkles, but then I realized that I probably wouldn't for a while.

I offered to let Tom just stay over for the night since we left my dad's house pretty late. "See," I said right before letting out a big yawn. "That wasn't bad at all."

He sighed. "I know, but I'm still happy that I went with. Even if it does mean that you have to meet my terrible parents."

"Oh, come on. I doubt they're that terrible. I'm sure they're lovely people."

"Laura, they take whatever amount of self esteem that you have and the crush it with the terrible things that come out of their mouth. Trust me, they are that terrible."

"Well, now that you say that, I'm nervous," I admitted hesitantly.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I have a terrible self esteem," I muttered.

Tom chuckled. "Do you still want to meet them?"

"Yes, just because now I'm curious."

"Of course," He muttered.


At some point in time, I fell asleep. And when I say I fell asleep, I mean it. I pretty much slept the whole day and didn't wake up until I heard the girls hurrying to get ready for prom. I hurriedly got up to help them out. Sheesh, I thought. What a great mother I am. Sleeping through the whole day.

If only I would have had some screaming toddlers to wake me up. Dang, I never thought that I would wish for screaming toddlers, something must be wrong here.

Despite me sleeping the whole day, the girls were still able to get ready in time AND take a picture with their gold ol' mom.

Once they left I hopped in the shower to start getting ready to go to Tom's parents' house while Tom was able to find a dress for me that he deemed suitable for his parents. I didn't even know that I had it, but it works!

When we got there, I was stunned. Their house was absolutely HUGE.

I wasn't surprised to see that the inside was just as huge. "This is..." I started.

"Ridiculous?" Tom asked. "I know, it's way too big."

"I was actually going to say amazing..."

"Tom," an excited voice squealed from behind me. 
I jumped and turned around. A petite, young girl stood across from Tom. I could tell that they were some how related because her skin tone and lip shape was the same as Tom's. Did he have a sister? 

"Hey Grace," He said with a polite smile. "How are you?"

"Erm..." She muttered. "Not the best."

"What are mom and dad trying to do this time?" He asked. 


Tom's POV
Long story short, Grace wanted to talk to me alone. So I went up to her room with her and reluctantly let her go to explore the house. I could only hope that she wouldn't run into my parents, but with her luck, she probably will.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Mom and dad want to send me to boarding school," She said.

I sighed. "Seriously? They should know not to send kids to boarding school after what happened with me."

"Well, they always did say I was more well behaved than you were."

"Yeah, and they didn't start saying that until I flooded the headmaster's office. Don't make the same mistake I did, get out of here when you can."

She looked over at a big stack of books in the corner. "I already have enough homework from public school, I don't need more."

"Geez, how much are the piling on nowadays? Wait, screw that, how old am I? I never had that much."

"That's because mom and dad said you were the biggest slacker in history and took all blow-off classes. They always tell me not to be a failure, like you."

"Lovely," I said.

"Would you expect any less?" She asked.

"Good point," I admitted. "Anything else you want to talk about?

"No, that's all. I just wanted to inform you in case I do decide to go."

*Laura's POV*
Tom left me to explore on my own. Unfortunately I agreed; I got lost multiple times. I found myself going in circles until I was stopped by two very fancy and obviously rich people. "Who are you?" The male snapped at me. "And why are you in our house."

"Relax Cedric," The lady said in a stuck up voice."It's probably the new maid. Tabitha said they all look exotic in some way now. It must be the hair with this one." She picked up a lock of my hair and observed it. "We're definitely going to have to dye this. You think black would be okay?"

"No, it would not be okay," The man, who was apparently named Cedric, said. "We need to start out light and slowly get darker with this one. If we start out black, we'll have to bleach it later."

The woman looked at me, "What do you think?" She asked in a condescending tone.

"I... Um..." I stuttered stupidly.

Luckily Tom came to the rescue like he always does. Thank goodness he did, because I know I couldn't have gotten out of this one easily. "Mom, dad, this is Laura."

"Oh," His mom said warily. "This is the girl you told us about?"

Cedric chuckled. "My, oh my, Sophia. Our Thomas always seems to find the strange ones. First the girl with  piercings in high school, and now one with purple hair. Where did you even buy purple hair dye?" He asked, sounding quite intrigued.

"Um, it's natural," I muttered.

"Oh my," Sophia gasped in surprise. "That would be absolutely terrible. She had to live her whole life with that, Cedric."

"Oh you poor dear," Cedric said. Wait... Is there something wrong with purple hair? It's not that odd, is it?

"I actually like my hair," I said awkwardly. "It isn't that bad, right?"

"Of course it's not!" Tom interjected. "Mom, dad, why don't you two do something while Maria is cooking dinner and I'll introduce Laura to Grace."

"Oh," Sophia said. "We could continue our search for another cat for Bella to have kitten with," She said excitedly.



Once they were out of hearing range Tom looked at me, "Sorry," He said, looking quite embarrassed. "They don't really say the nicest things..."

"I can tell," I said, completely stunned. No wonder Tom didn't want me to meet them. They're already bad and I've only talked to them for about 5 minutes. How in the world did Tom become so nice? "It's okay."

Suddenly, a cat who I assumed was Bella came up and hissed at me. "Do that again and you're getting punted out of the house, devil cat," I said to it.

Tom chuckled. "You don't know how many times I've said that to this cat. Personally I don't know what's worse; Bella, or my parents?"

"I may be able to help you out with that decision later tonight."


Shortly after Tom introduced me to his sister, Grace, we had dinner. We had lobster.

Lobster.


What family eats lobster, of all things, regularly? It's pretty expensive. Oh wait... I forgot about the house I was in. Whoops.

After dinner, me, Tom, and his parents sat down in their very fancy furniture to chat. "What do you do for a living, Laura?" Cedric asked me.

I hesitated. They really didn't seem like the type to approve of the 100 baby challenge. And they already hate me. Or at least, I think they do. "I'm an artist," I said. Technically it's the truth; I do paint to earn money.

"Ugh," Sophia said in disgust. "I despise art. Only poor people or raging lunatics paint. It really shows one's character, doesn't it?" She asked, turning to give me a death glare.

"I suppose," I said timidly.

"Are you religious?" Cedric asked. It finally dawned on my that they were interviewing me. They were interviewing to give me some stamp of approval.

"Not really, I wasn't raised with a certain religion, so no."

Both Tom and his parents turned to look at me; Tom with a look of "Oh snap, you're going to wish you didn't say that" and his parents had a look of disbelief.

"Thomas," Cedric said. "She isn't Catholic?"

"No," Tom muttered.

"Oh my goodness," Sophia gasped. "Thomas, you need to get her to a church immediately. She needs to be forgiven for all of her sins before they rub off on you."

"What?" Tom asked. "Mom, that's ridiculous."

"What if she's slept with people, Thomas?" She asked. "Before marriage. We don't want you to do that too. What if she seduces you?"

Tom laughed bitterly and got up. "And look at who almost got me aborted and had me before you got married. Practice what you preach, mom."

"You father and I told you never to speak of this," She snapped as she got up. "We all make mistakes sometimes. Maybe not getting the abortion was one of them."

"Wow, mom," Tom said. "Come on Laura, lets get out of here."

I go up without a word and followed Tom out of the house and to the car; I had a feeling that if I would have said something things would just get worse.What was I supposed to say? "Nice meeting you?" With the way things turned out, I doubt that that would be appropriate.



The car ride home was terrible. Silence hung over us like darkness over Chester's heart. Neither of us knew what to say because we obviously didn't want to mention what just happened, but we wanted to talk about it at the same time. Well, that's why I didn't say anything. To be completely honest, I don't know about Tom; I wouldn't be surprised if he hated me right now for even wanting to meet his parents. 

We eventually ended up at my house and Tom walked me inside just in case some creep was lurking in the bushes. "Look," He said. "I'm sorry about what happened there."

I laughed bitterly, "You're sorry? Tom, I'm the one who should be sorry, I was the one who suggested we should even go there."

He sighed. "It's okay, I shouldn't have been so persistent with going to your dad's house."

I laughed. "Don't go trying to make me believe it's your fault, I'm totally not buying it."

"Alright, If I accept your apology, will you accept mine?"

"Sure," I said.

He leaned in and kissed me.

How a quick little peck after accepting an apology led to this, I honestly don't know. Never in a million years did I think that I would get into a make out session by the front door in my foyer. Just... Never. I flashed back to a few week ago when Chester said, "You two have so much sexual tension that even I can feel it."

I never thought I would say this, but perhaps Chester was right. Now why would I say this? Because this is one of those moments when you just want somebody in your bed and you wonder why the hell you didn't realize it before. Good grief, I'm oblivious.

The only bad thing? There were stairs separating us from the bedroom. And it wasn't just some ordinary staircase either; it was a spiral staircase.  Just. Dammit. Forget the fact that the boy and girl rooms are too small, and that sometimes we don't have a crib to spare in the nursery; that spiral staircase is a HUGE inconvenience.

Tom sighed and scooped me up in his arms. "You need to have a simpler staircase," He said as we started heading up the stairs.

"Mm, I know," I mumble, snuggling against his chest.

"You know, they really kill the mood."

At this point we were up the stairs and Tom had set me down. "Just shut up and kiss me," I said as I pulled him towards me again.

He certainly didn't object to that and we happily continued our make out session.

We made it into my room; loosing a few pieces of clothing along the way. All I can say is this-- Thank goodness I wore my nice underwear today.

The next day I had the girls age up. First up was Florence. She was a lovely young adult that hope to make it far in the Firefighting profession, which surprised me because I though she would be the one who's a stylist or something else along those lines.

It was no surprise that Haley decided to become an artist. She's always been into art,so everybody was expecting this. 

I was surprised to see that Farah grew up to have leafy hair like her father. Even though she's overweight, she's still very confident.

You can't say the same about Sydney, she had a very low self confidence and that made her and her sister grow apart.

Lately I've been... different. It's very, very odd. Whenever Tom is over I end up falling asleep on him.

And then I'm eating cobbler too. I hate cobbler; I find it quite disgusting and it makes me loose faith in desserts everywhere.

And yet, I'm still craving it.

The cobbler is even making me throw up, which just makes me even more ticked that I ate it.

Soon enough I did find out why I wanted cobbler, was throwing up, and why I was so exhausted. I'm pregnant. Well dang, I feel stupid. You'd think I'd realize if I was pregnant by now.

I guess my confusion does make a bit of sense, we used protection that night, so I assumed I would be fine.

I immediately invited Tom over and told him. He was surprised, but happy about it. I also told him he could just stay here for the pregnancy if he so desires.

Sure it's against the rules, but Tom is special.

*Tom's POV*

I had to run out and do a few errands for Laura the next day because she told me this pregnancy was causing her a lot of pain. From what she's told me, her abdomen has been having sharp pains and even her shoulders are hurting for some reason. First off I got some groceries and then I got some book about medical stuff that she asked me to pick up.

When I was all done with my adventure to both of the stores I walked through the kitchen door, grocery bags in hand, "They didn't have 2% Milk at the store today, so I just got whole," I said, not noticing the sight before me. "Holy crap!" I yelled as I suddenly noticed Laura crumpled on the floor.

I quickly ran over to her and checked for a pulse, not completely sure what I would have done if I didn't feel one. She had a pulse and was breathing slowly. Oh thank goodness, I thought. 

I scooped her up with ease and carried her out to the garage. Her hand slowly brought its way to my shoulder, gripping me for support. "Tom?" She asked in a weak whisper.

"Yes?" I responded in a panicked voice.

"What happened?"

"I have no clue," I said honestly.

"Okay..." She said, sounding like she was in a daze. "I'm dizzy."

"Just close your eye, I'm taking you to the hospital," I said, trying not to sound too panicked. I didn't need to worry her, even though she could probably tell that something was wrong anyways.



*A week later*  
Funny how a week can feel like a year. Laura has been out cold since we got here and I've been living off of disgusting hospital food and sleeping in a hard and uncomfortable chair. I just don't want to risk not being here when she wakes up-- if she wakes up.

I shook my head. No, she has to live. But if she does...

Ah crap, either way I'm screwed. On one hand if she doesn't make it, I'm  forced to be here without her. But if she does she's not going to be happy for a while. In the end if you asked me if I would rather see her dead or unhappy I wouldn't know how to answer. Because of my own selfish desires I would choose unhappy.

I suddenly heard a small groan "God dammit, how is my stomach still hurting?" Laura muttered as her eyes slowly opened.

She gently rolled herself over and finally noticed me here. I laughed at her surprised expression and grabbed that uncomfortable chair to sit in. "What day is it?" She asked, much to my surprise.

"March 4th," I said. "Why?"

"I was in here for a week?"

"Yep," I said, hoping she wouldn't ask what I thought she was going to ask.

"What about the baby?" She asked in confusion. "I thought..."

She let her mind stray for a moment. "Did you do a C-Section or something?"

I leaned back in my chair debating on how to deliver the news as she propped herself on her pillow, trying to get comfortable. "Tom?" She asked after a while.

I guess it's now or never... "Laura, the baby isn't here..."

"Is it at home?" She asked in confusion. "Will I get to see--?"

"No, Laura I mean the baby isn't here. You had an ectopic pregnancy, which means that the egg never made it to the uterus and grew somewhere else. In your case it was in your Fallopian tube and it made the tube rupture which caused internal bleeding."

She had a holy crap look on her face for a brief second. "So what happened?"

"Well, they removed the baby and then they cut off the damage portion of the tube. You can still have kids though."

"Oh my gosh..." She muttered.

I decided to try and leave Laura alone for a bit. She looked like she was either about to cry or punch something.

*Laura's POV*
Tom left me alone for a while, which I'm happy about, but at the same time I'm not sure if that was a good idea.

There are a million thoughts roaming through my head right now. I'm worried this will happen again, I'm ticked that I didn't realize something was wrong earlier, etc.

It makes me wonder what else could possibly go wrong. Like seriously? What next?

Tom was able to take me home later. I was told by the doctor to take some Tylenol mixed with Codine if I have pain. Funny how they choose to mix those two together when they're prescribing pain medication to patients; you get too distracted by pretty colors, fall down, and end up feeling some pain anyways.

It's really pretty pointless.

We walked in the grim reaper taking Pinky. Great. Just what I need right now.

Tom was at least able to stay and comfort me for a little bit, but now it's time for him to go. "Bye," He said. "If you need something just call me, okay?"

I sighed. "Alright, I will."

So now Tom's leaving, Pinky's dead, I don't have a baby in my arms, and my abdominal muscles are still sore. 
Funny how things can go from perfect, to terrible in a week, isn't it?














This isn't my fault! If it weren't for Tom's parents, they would have never had a fun night, and Laura wouldn't have gotten knocked up. So blame them. ;)

Anyways, thank you for reading! I hope you at least enjoyed the beginning and middle, I know that the ending was terrible. xD

I would love if you guys commented! I'm trying to improve my writing and your feedback really helps. :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha, Tom's parents are blamed BIG TIME in my book.

    Ooh, so many things surprised me in the post... my thought are rampaging inside of me and I just don't know what to say. D:

    It was amazing by the way, and I laughed so many times! :D There were so many funny parts.

    I don't know why but when I saw Farah's leafy hair I burst out laughing. It was weird. :3

    Ooh, Laura still hates those cats... and I can see why. That one cat was as snobby and prissy as Tom's parents.

    Oh, and it's so sad that baby 25 wasn't able to, er, be born. Lol, so true about the medication causing more pain than they should

    Waaahh! Pinky's gone!!!!! :O

    Oh, are you planning on counting baby 25 as part of the challenge?

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Even though I ultimately made them snobby, so it is partially my fault. :3

      To be honest, I surprised myself with this one. O.o

      Haha, thanks! My personal favorite was the inconvenient staircase bit. I'm glad that Farah's leafy hair was amusing to you. xD

      Well, they did raise it to be snobby like them, so I can see why.

      I know... And now I have to make Laura either numb and emotionless or seriously depressed in general. And both are hard to write for. -_-

      Haha, thanks! I have experience with medicine causing more pain than it should; I'm supposed to take medicine to my my tummy not hurt, but it does the opposite. It kind of sucks. O.o

      I know!! I had to do it though because when Laura moves it's going to be a pet explosion. O.O

      No, so Laura still only has 24. :/

      Delete