Monday, April 23, 2012

The Beginning of the End- Babies 25, 26, and 27

 As I was about to leave for the hospital, I was stopped by somebody waving at me from outside the gate. "Ummm..." I mumbled. "I'm sorry, I'm kind of busy right now. Do you mind coming back later?"

He shifted his weight uncomfortably. "I uh... Can't. They kind of just dropped me off and left me here. I could sit outside the gate like a hobo if you want."

"I don't even know who you are, so I'd rather you just walk somewhere.... No offense or anything."

"I'm Brendan Lankford... I'm the first guy of that little man challenge you accepted."

"Oh... Crap," I muttered. "I'm sorry, I had no idea whatsoever that you were coming today. Uh... You want to make yourself settled inside. I'll make myself look presentable and we can go somewhere if you want."

He smiled, "That would be great."

Yes, I know it seems terrible that I'm ditching one guy to go on a date with another, but what was I supposed to say? "Oh yeah, you want to go to the hospital with me to try to see my ex who I still happen to have feelings for?" No. That would just be rude.

I quickly hopped into the shower, put some hair product in my hair, tossed on some clothes, brushed my teeth, put on my make up, and even tossed in my old nose ring just for the heck of it. Sheesh. I think this is the most effort I've put into actually looking good for weeks.

"Alright," I said as I walked out of the bathroom, brushing off some blush that somehow got on my sleeve. "I'm all set to go if you're ready."

He folded up the newspaper that he had in his hands and got up off the couch, turning around to look at me. "You look great," He said.

I felt myself blush. "Thank you."

We ended up going to the park and playing a bit of chess while we got to know each other. "So," He said. "What are your hobbies?"

"Getting pregnant..." I muttered, which made him let out a small chuckle. "Nah, just kidding. Um, I like painting, writing, gardening, and horseback riding. What about you?"

"I like gardening and repairing things. And I'm  a scientist, so those things pay off."

"Oh really?" I asked. "That's cool."

"Yeah. So out of curiosity, where were you rushing off to before?"

"Oh... Uh, well. A good friend of mine is in the hospital right now and I kind of wanted to visit him."

He smiled sympathetically. "I'm sorry. Why didn't you just say so. Look, if you're okay with it I'll head back to your place and you can go see him if you want."

"Really?" I asked in disbelief. "Like you wouldn't be insulted if I just left?"

"Of course not. That would be pretty rude if I was. Just go ahead, I'll see you later."

"Thank you so much," I said as I got up. "You need me to drive you home first?"

"No, I can catch a taxi. It's really no big deal."

I got to the hospital rather quickly and they surprisingly let me go in to see Tom. When I walked in I noticed that he actually was awake, but he had a lot of scarring.

"Hey," I said. "Walking into the room slowly.

Tom looked over in disbelief. "Laura?" He asked. "Is that you?"

"Yep," I said quietly.

"I barely recognized you... What happened to your hair?"

"I dyed it out of boredom one day. I kind of hate it. I think I'm going to go to a stylist and have them strip the dye."

He laughed. "Good, you look better with the purple."

"Thanks? I don't know whether to be insulted or flattered."

I grabbed a chair and sat down next to his bed. "So... What did the doctors say?" I asked.

"Paralyzed from the waste down and organic brain damage."

"How did you...?" I asked, gesturing to the one leg that was on top of the other.

He shrugged. "The doctors did it. Not quite sure why though."

"So... What exactly is organic brain damage?"

"It's pretty much dementia with an even fancier name."

"Oh... I'm sorry."

"So am I," He said, looking away.

"For what?"

"Laura," He said. "We're just... Not going to work out anymore."

"What?" I asked.

"Eventually I'll forget who you are completely. It's just better to accept that now before it's too late. And plus  the doctors said I'll probably never be able to walk again. I would be completely useless when it come to kids and--"

"You would not be useless," I said.

"Yeah, not for the older kids, but what about when little Jimmy needs to learn to walk, or when little Suzie wants to be lifted onto something."

"That won't matter, I can always hel--"

"Those are things I should be able to do by myself. And I don't even have a job anymore. The head officer laid me off. I have no steady income. I don't even know how I'm going to pay off these medical bills. Heck, I'll probably have to stay with my parents now. Can't get up and down my stairs, I have no job. Believe me when I say I'm useless Laura, completely useless."

"No, you're not usele--," I started, but was interrupted by a nurse.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but visiting hours are over, you're going to need to leave."

I looked over at the clock to see it was already 10:30. When did it get so late?

"Oh, okay," I said, getting up and putting the chair back. I looked at Tom. "So I guess this is goodbye?"

He sighed. "I guess so."

I silently walked out and headed home, the whole time trying not to cry.

For a couple of days, Brendan seemed to notice something was wrong and left me alone. Today however, we decided to go to a new karaoke bar that opened.

Let me tell you, I'm terrible at singing. He wasn't much better, but at least his voice didn't keep cracking.

After we both sucked at sing, we decided to just not embarrass ourselves any further and headed upstairs to play pool. "You know," I said, shooting the last striped ball into a hole. "I don't know if you're letting me win or if you're just really bad at pool because well, I've always sucked at this game."

"Apparently not," He laughed. "But then again, my aim has always been off."

"I'll remember never to play darts with you then. That could turn very dangerous."

"Oh trust me, it has."

"Do I dare ask?"

"Lets just say that a friend of mine got a brand new piercing for free."

"Ow..." I muttered.

Just an extra picture for the night. I don't even know how he defied gravity in the third picture, but I'm thoroughly impressed by it.

Since the whole baby-making thing was supposed to be part of this whole shin-dig I decided to just get it over with and do the seducing tonight. So, while Brendan was in the shower I changed into some cutesy lingerie. "Hey," I said as I wrapped my arms around him from behind.

"Uh... Hey," He said as his eyes widened and he shifted his weight uncomfortably.

"You want to--"

"Laura, I don't know how to break this to you, but uh... I'm gay."

"Oh... Crap," I muttered, unwrapping my arms from around him. "You are?"

"Yeah, sorry I didn't tell you before. I was kind of nervous about it. Most of my family isn't very... Accepting."

"I'm sorry," I said. " And don't worry; it's fine. If you ever need anyone to talk I'm here. Since I still have to get pregnant with your children do you want to just go to the sperm bank tomorrow?"

"That'd be great."

"I just have one quick question though?"

"And what's that?"

"Will you be my gay best friend? Every girl needs one and well, I don't really have one yet."

"Of course I will! And if you don't like any of the other guys-- I can assure you that one is a major douche-- just pick me and we can ride off into the sunset on a majestic white pony."

"Why a white pony? You have something against my brown pony? Or grey ponies? Or black ponies? Or blond ones?"

"Because the white ones are the ones that you see in the fairy tails, silly goose!"

The next day we did go to the sperm bank and well, I definitely had a lot of morning sickness this pregnancy.

On the plus side, I'm not nearly in as much pain as I was in last time, so I think I'll actually be able to give birth.

I was taking care of Mocha one day when I noticed this very adorable cat sleeping on the newspaper. She looked hungry and mess, so I brought her inside for a little bit.

The first order of business was getting this cat clean. I couldn't risk her giving Lucky fleas and plus, I'm a neat freak. I can't have a messy pet running around my house.

After setting down some tuna for her, I called a number that I had seen on her collar. "Hello?" A voice answered.

"Um... Hi," I said. "I think I found your cat."

"Oh," The voice said, sounding annoyed. "Lily?"

I looked at the collar, "Yeah, that's what her collar says."

"Keep her, we didn't want her any more so we tossed her outside."

After that the voice hung up.

I couldn't believe it. How could you just toss your pet outdoors to fend for themselves? I'm lucky that my friend, Calista Smith  recently get over my fear of cats. Otherwise I wouldn't know what to do with this little rascal.


Lucky, being the dog of the house, decided he wanted to inspect this new creature. He took a few hesitant steps toward her and sniffed her. Apparently he was indifferent to Lily and chose to just walk away.

Maybe they'll get along better later; at least this was a start.

I have to say, I'm kind of liking this cat. She's very affectionate and couldn't even hurt a fly. She'll be perfect when there are little kids running around the house!

Between pregnancy hormones and cleaning a house, I tend to find a bit of time to spend with Brendan after he gets out of work. Today, we're playing football. Well... He isn't really what you would call... Athletically inclined.

"You see," I said. "This  is how you throw a football."

"Oh no," Brendan said. "Please don't."

"Too late..." I muttered as the ball came flying toward him.


"Oh no," He screamed as he flinched away from the ball. "I'm going to die!"

The ball nearly hit him smack dab in the face. At least he had quick reflexes and was able to block it.

"I'm sorry!"

"It's okay," He muttered, rubbing his hand that got the worst of the hit. "I think you need to teach me to catch too."

I laughed. "I will, but first we should eat something because it's getting late. You like spaghetti?"

"I love spaghetti," He said nonchalantly. 

"Great! Because I'm having a huge craving for it right now." 

A half an hour later we were munching on some spaghetti. "So," I said. "Not to insult you or anything, but why exactly did they want a gay guy for this challenge thing?"

He laughed. "I honestly don't think they did. They just asked me to take part and I was like, 'Sure! Why not?' I figured I would at least make a new friend out of it."

"I see," I said. "What if I was a giant homophobe?"

He shrugged. "You're doing a 100 baby challenge, so I don't really think you'd be an unaccepting person."

"True that," I said.

I decided that I wanted multiples this time around, so I listened to Kid music and watched this creepy bunny thing.

I have to admit, these cartoons are creeping me out now a days.

Eventually I went into labor.

Luckily, Brendan was off work, so he was able to drive me to the hospital. I wanted to make the birth as safe as possible. I was still kind of on the edge about the whole Ectopic pregnancy thing.

Everything went smoothly and I walked out with not 1, not 2, but 3 babies! I definitely wasn't expecting triplets this time around!

Introducing baby 25, Ily Johanson,

Baby 26, Alayna Johanson,

And baby 27, Corbin Johanson.




Thanks for reading everybody!

Sorry the ending was a bit rough, but I tried my best. :3

Feel free to comment below! I love reading what you guys have to say!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, when Tom said, "'Laura,' He said. 'We're just... Not going to work out anymore.'" I just about died inside.

    Ahh! Lily, so adorable!!!!!! =^.^= How could anyone just throw their cat out. >.<

    Haha, maybe Laura should refrain from throwing balls at Brendan (okay, I should rephrase that, but I'm not going to).

    Oh my gosh, does Laura have food furniture now????????? I want (if it comes with an expansion pack, I might not be able to get it for a while)!!!!! >.<

    Triplets... :3 Laura will have such a fun time.

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost cried a little writing that to be completely honest. xD

      Thanks! I don't know! They're so adorable, but some people are just mean and do those things I guess. :(

      Hehe! I think so. The man just can not throw or catch a ball to save his life.

      Haha, yes. It came with Showtime and I was like, "The kids would probably enjoy that..." So I got some. :3

      Oh yes, so will her creator. *twitch*

      Delete
  2. You know, I think I agree with Calista. So instead of writing it our in different words I'm going to take the easy way out and copy/paste it.

    Oh my gosh, when Tom said, "'Laura,' He said. 'We're just... Not going to work out anymore.'" I just about died inside.

    Ahh! Lily, so adorable!!!!!! =^.^= How could anyone just throw their cat out. >.<

    Haha, maybe Laura should refrain from throwing balls at Brendan (okay, I should rephrase that, but I'm not going to).

    Oh my gosh, does Laura have food furniture now????????? I want (if it comes with an expansion pack, I might not be able to get it for a while)!!!!! >.<

    Triplets... :3 Laura will have such a fun time.




    Hehe. Good luck with the rest of your little... 4 man... thingymabob.

    -Skye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe... I'm just going to copy and paste my comment too since I don't want to type the same thing in different words.

      I almost cried a little writing that to be completely honest. xD

      Thanks! I don't know! They're so adorable, but some people are just mean and do those things I guess. :(

      Hehe! I think so. The man just can not throw or catch a ball to save his life.

      Haha, yes. It came with Showtime and I was like, "The kids would probably enjoy that..." So I got some. :3

      Oh yes, so will her creator. *twitch*



      Oh thank you, I'm going to need it. xD

      Delete
    2. Haha, you two! ;D I should copy write my comments. -_-

      Delete
    3. *copyright

      Gah, I just noticed this typo. :P

      Delete
  3. Tom is going to forget about Laura one day, and then the next moment she finds out that Brendan is gay... Things are just not going right for Laura, it seems. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they aren't! Poor girl. At least she has a sassy gay friend now. :D

      Delete